Government Stimulus Plan Guide
During the Covid-19 health crisis, it is important for your organization to keep up to date with any new information. Specifically, any updates on government actions that may financially help your organization, including the new government stimulus plan.
When researching, it is important to follow specific guidelines to make sure the information is accurate and useful. Below is a guide on researching the government stimulus plan.
Where to Research Stimulus Information
Certain government-sponsored websites can ensure the most reliable information on government actions. Pro Tip: Look for the (.gov) at the end of the URL to ensure the website is legitimate, and also ensure that it is safe to enter sensitive information.
https://www.sba.gov/ is a fantastic resource where you will find any information regarding loans, aid, funding, and more for small businesses.
Other useful government-sponsored websites include www.Usa.gov and www.Irs.gov.
How to Ensure the Research is Credible and Accurate
It is very important that the information you research on the government stimulus plan is credible and accurate.
Well-known media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and others will likely provide accurate information. However, you should always double check your sources to make sure they are reliable. Below is a guide on how to research and double check the information you find.
- Search online for any resource with information on updates on the stimulus package.
- Read any new information that may be useful for your business.
- Double check multiple other sources to make sure the information being provided is repeated elsewhere (through a quick Google search).
- Check your government-funded sources (.gov websites, provided above) to see if what they are presenting is accurate.
- If you are still unsure about the credibility, go on reputable “fact-checking” websites. Reputable sites include snopes.com and politifact.com. These sites can tell you if certain information is true or untrue, and can also redirect you to reputable sources.
We hope this guide can help you research any future updates on stimulus information relating to the Covid-19 shutdown.
Senate Stimulus Package Highlights
- The Senate Stimulus Package includes a $454 Billion loan guarantee fund for businesses, including movie theaters. This can help them pay their fixed costs in the meantime with their lower revenue streams.
- Included is an employee retention tax credit to help theaters keep their employees on payroll, and can also help temporarily sustain the company.
- Also included is an expanded unemployment insurance, giving up to four months of direct aid to employees.
- More information: